Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Garlic Soy Tuna


     So, Michael has named this "Garlectra Tuna". Why? Because the flavor of the garlic combined with the soy sauce created a spark in his mouth. Weird, I know. But, that's my fiance. We are still waiting to hear back from our agent regarding the house, and we're still hoping for the best. We haven't really prepared for the worst, but we know that everything happens for a reason. If this isn't the house, we'll find it eventually. 
     Tuna is a great fish to have in your diet because of all the omega-3s and it is lean. I enjoy it as a source of protein and will definitely be making it more since I've found this recipe. It has given me hope for tuna! If you don't prefer the flavor of tuna, I would recommend this marinade because the flavors in the marinade are really heightened and it's SO delicious!  


Garlic Soy Tuna Steaks
Yields: 2 servings

2 tuna steaks, 3.5 oz each
1/4 c. orange juice
1/4 c. soy sauce
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
1 tbsp. dried parsley
1 tsp. dried oregano
3 tbsp. olive oil, (1 tbsp. for cooking)

     In a medium shallow baking dish (glass or non-reactive), mix together all the ingredients minus the tuna. Place the tuna in the marinade and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for an 30 minutes. Flip the tuna and refrigerate for another 30 minutes. Remove tuna from marinade and set aside on a plate. In large pan heat about 1 tablespoon olive oil on medium high.  Lay each steak in the pan, don't move them, and cook for 4 minutes.  Flip and cook the other side for 4 minutes or to desired doneness. Let it sit for couple of minutes before serving. 

     I served these over stir-fried vegetables and rice, and my recipe for this will be coming soon! 


Nutritional Info
  • Servings Per Recipe: 2
  • Amount Per Serving
  • Calories: 262.2
  • Total Fat: 14.5 g
  • Cholesterol: 43.7 mg
  • Sodium: 1,191.6 mg
  • Total Carbs: 6.0 g
  • Dietary Fiber: 0.3 g
  • Protein: 25.8 g


2 comments:

  1. It tastes just like a hungry man brownie. I will definitely do this again

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll have to excuse my last comment I was looking up tonight's dinner I'm sure it will be just as good as the last recipe I tried

    ReplyDelete