Sunday, February 3, 2013

Copycat Carrabba's!

     One way I can tell that the economy is beginning to improve (FINALLY) is that disposable income is becoming more common. Restaurants are starting to bring in more business and more restaurants are being built everywhere. I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy going out to dinner with my fiance and having a good time with him. I wouldn't be lying if I said I hated the ridiculous prices that come along. My fiance likes Carrabba's and his meal choice there is Pasta Carrabba. Carrabba's can get a little pricey and I had to find a way to make this dish for him, without the extra expenses. So, here we go!



Copycat Carrabba's
Yield: 3-4 servings

2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced into strips
2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
1/4 c. extra virgin olive oil
1/8 c. fresh basil
salt and pepper, to taste

Sauce:
1 tbsp. butter
1 medium shallot, minced
2/3 c. light cream
2 oz. fresh mushroom, sliced
1/3 c. frozen peas
salt and pepper, to taste

Pasta: 
3 ounces fettuccine
1/3 c. fresh parmesan cheese, grated

Place the chicken breast slices in a pan or bowl and drizzle vinegar and oil. Cut basil leaves and sprinkle over the chicken. Add salt and pepper to taste and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Saute over medium heat for 5-6 minutes or until no longer pink. 
Melt the butter in a small saucepan and add the shallot. Saute for 1 minute and then add cream, salt, and pepper. Boil to reduce by half, or until the sauce coats the back of a wooden spoon. Add mushrooms and peas and cook an additional 2 minutes. Add the cooked pasta and toss gently with parmesan cheese.




Nutritional Info
  • Servings Per Recipe: 3
  • Amount Per Serving
  • Calories: 525.2
  • Total Fat: 33.1 g
  • Cholesterol: 92.1 mg
  • Sodium: 437.8 mg
  • Total Carbs: 28.9 g
  • Dietary Fiber: 1.7 g
  • Protein: 29.6 g



No comments:

Post a Comment