Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Chicken & Green Bean Casserole

     My fiance and I are currently trying extremely hard to find a house. Our lease for our apartment will be up on April 28, 2013 and as those of you who have purchased a home before know, it takes TIME...and lots of it. We've been looking since the middle of January and it's now the end of February. We've exhausted all of our current options for a home and we've had our ups and downs throughout the process. Well, downs...I suppose if we had an "up" we would have a house. Anyways, needless to say, it's been a stressful couple of months. I WILL keep my head up, no matter what. My passion is cooking, so it definitely relieves me and calms me down. Moving on.

     I'm sure I've told you this before, but one of my favorite things to cook on busy nights are slow cooker recipes. My other favorite thing to cook is a casserole. Casseroles are easy for the same reason as slow cooker recipes. You generally throw it all together and go! They are extremely delicious and most of the time, creamy. I envision creamy foods more appropriate during the winter, but are always good for dinner.


Chicken Green Bean Casserole
Yield: 4-6 servings

1 pkg. (6 oz.) STOVE TOP Stuffing Mix for Chicken or Turkey
1 Tbsp. butter
1/2 tbsp. vegetable oil
2 small  boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1 (28 oz.) can green beans, undrained
1 small onion, chopped
1/4 cup flour
1 (10.5 oz.) can cream of chicken soup, undiluted


Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Prepare stuffing as directed on package.
In a large non-stick skillet, melt butter and stir fry chicken, season with pepper and fry for approximately 5 minutes per side. Once thoroughly cooked, remove and place in an 8"X8" greased baking dish. Add vegetable oil and saute' onion until translucent, then add green beans and flour. Once flour is combined, add cream of chicken. Stir well and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cook for approximately one minute with constant stirring. Pour green bean mixture over reserved chicken. Top with the prepared stuffing mix. Bake for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes.

Enjoy!


Nutritional Info
  • Servings Per Recipe: 6
  • Amount Per Serving
  • Calories: 263.8
  • Total Fat: 7.2 g
  • Cholesterol: 34.4 mg
  • Sodium: 1,180.1 mg
  • Total Carbs: 27.1 g
  • Dietary Fiber: 2.0 g
  • Protein: 14.0 g







No comments:

Post a Comment