Monday, March 18, 2013

Coffee Cubes!

     I'm sure during the winter, most of you enjoy drinking coffee or hot chocolate or something similar. It's something tasty that warms you up inside! The winter months are gone and the cold temperatures are slowly disappearing. It's almost time for spring weather and then the scorching months of summer-at least where I live. Anyways, I love to drink iced coffee year-round, but especially during warmer weather. I like to make my own iced coffee, but don't do it as often as I'd like because I don't like watering it down with ice cubes. I started brewing the coffee before bed and letting it cool down in the refrigerator overnight and then adding ice in the morning, but then I didn't get the fresh-brewed taste that I like. I then started brewing my coffee EXTRA strong to see if that would counter all the ice I had been adding...nope.
     Here's where today's blog post comes in: coffee cubes! Simply make a cup of coffee to your liking, let it cool just a bit, then pour the coffee into an ice cube tray and place it in the freezer. Let it harden and then you can either remove them and put them in a resealable bag or leave them in the tray for later use. I end up using about 10-12 for my coffee (I love extremely cold drinks) and it won't water the coffee down! It's always going to melt back to the coffee you love!


No comments:

Post a Comment